Real estate residence in Turkey
The Turkish Immigration Presidency issued a new amendment to the law on obtaining real estate residence in Turkey, where the price of the property must be 75 thousand US dollars, in big Turkish cities such as Istanbul, Ankara, and Antalya, and not less than 50 thousand US dollars in the rest of the Turkish cities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Documents required to obtain real estate residence in Turkey
- Conditions for obtaining real estate residence in Turkey
- Turkey closes 1,169 neighborhoods to foreigners
- Closed neighborhoods
l. Documents required to obtain real estate residence in Turkey
- A copy of the property title deed (Tapu).
- The earthquake insurance policy for the real estate (Dask).
- A copy of a valid passport.
- A copy of the visa and entry stamp.
- The Sigorta document (health insurance) for all family members, except for individuals under 18 years and over 65 years old.
- Real estate residence tax in Turkey, and it varies according to nationality.
- Four bio-metric photos, white background.
- Marriage document and birth certificates for children under 18 years old, attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Turkish Embassy in the country of residence.
Il. Conditions for obtaining real estate residence in Turkey
- Buying an apartment in Turkey for 75 thousand dollars in the major Turkish cities, and for 50 thousand dollars in the rest of the Turkish cities.
- The person wishing to obtain a real estate residence permit in Turkey should not be of one of the nationalities prohibited from owning property in Turkey (Syrian, North Korea, Armenia, Cuba).
- The property should not be in areas where ownership is prohibited by the Turkish government, whether for security or military reasons.
- The property must be in the name of the person wishing to obtain the real estate residency.
One of the simplest ways to live in Turkey is to obtain real estate residency in Turkey, where the Turkish real estate industry is booming, in addition to the many privileges the Turkish government offers to Arab and foreign investors. Real estate residency in Turkey, is also known as a short-term residency, where Turkish law gives the right to foreigners when they own a property in Turkey, to apply for real estate residency, which is a renewable residency granted for a full year.
III. Turkey closes 1,169 neighborhoods to foreigners
The Turkish authorities raised the number of neighborhoods closed to foreigners wishing to get residence permits by renting or buying a property there to 1169, down from 781. According to a statement by the Immigration Department published on its official website, the decision begins to be implemented today, Friday, July 1, 2022 and includes 62 states.
The state of Şanlıurfa in southern Turkey topped the number of neighborhoods in which registration of restrictions was prohibited, with 169 neighborhoods, followed by Gaziantep with 161 neighborhoods, and the ban list includes 82 neighborhoods of Kilis and 53 neighborhoods of Istanbul. On June 6, the Turkish Ministry of Interior announced new “mitigation measures” targeting the spread of foreigners scattered in various neighborhoods in the Turkish states.
The Minister of Interior, Suleiman Soylu, said at the time: “The percentage of foreigners who can reside in neighborhoods will be reduced from 25 percent to 20 percent, starting from next July.” He added that, accordingly, "1,200 neighborhoods will be closed to requests for residency." In recent weeks, Turkish cities, especially the main ones, such as Istanbul and Ankara, have witnessed an extensive security campaign against “illegal immigrants,” as the procedures include Syrian refugees who reside in states other than the state in which they are registered.
The foreigners who buy a house for a vacation would not be much impacted. With simply a tourist visa, any foreign visitor to Turkey is permitted a 180-day stay without the need for a resident permit. Many foreign real estate owners, including Germans, Scandinavians, Russians, and Britons, do not spend more than 180 days a year in Turkey. Vacationers do not submit applications for residency permits. They can buy wherever they want because they don't require a residency permit.
As the foreign demand is reduced in these limited districts, prices may marginally decrease. Turkish expatriates may continue to shop in these well-known areas. The market for real estate in areas with resident permits will grow. Buyers in Istanbul may opt for the Asian side because the most well-liked European sides (Esenyurt, Fatih, Beyoglu, and Şişli) are closed.
In Antalya, Liman, Hurma, and Sarısu are all closed. Areas like Altıntaş, Lara, and Döşemealt will be more well-liked by tourists. In Alanya, Mahmutlar, Kestel, Kargıcak, and Avsallar are all closed. Downtown, Payallar, Konaklı, Okurcalar, Oba, and other areas will gain in popularity going forward.
IV. Closed neighborhoods
|İstanbul||Başakşehir||İKİTELLİ OSB MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Başakşehir||ZİYA GÖKALP MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Beyoğlu||ŞEHİT MUHTAR MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Beyoğlu||KAMER HATUN MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Beyoğlu||KALYONCU KULLUĞU MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Beyoğlu||KATİPMUSTAFA ÇELEBİ MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Beyoğlu||ASMALI MESCİT MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Esenyurt||PİRİ REİS MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Fatih||MİMAR KEMALETTİN MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Fatih||SARAÇ İSHAK MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Fatih||MUHSİNE HATUN MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Fatih||MİMAR HAYRETTİN MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Fatih||KATİP KASIM MAHALLESİ||İstanbul||Fatih||İSKENDERPAŞA MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Fatih||MOLLA GÜRANİ MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Fatih||MOLLA HÜSREV MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Küçükçekmece||KÜÇÜKÇEKMECE İKİTELLİOSB MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Küçükçekmece||MEHMET AKİF MAHALLESİ|
|İstanbul||Ümraniye||DUDULLU OSB MAHALLESİ|
|Bursa||Osmangazi||DEMİRTAŞ DUMLUPINAROSB MAHALLESİ|
|Bursa||Osmangazi||SANTRAL GARAJ MAHALLESİ|
|Bursa||Yenişehir / Bursa||HIDIRBALİ MAHALLESİ|
|Izmir||Bornova||YUNUS EMRE MAHALLESİ|
|Izmir||Karabağlar||AŞIK VEYSEL MAHALLESİ|
|Izmir||Konak||FAİK PAŞA MAHALLESİ|
|Izmir||Konak||ALİ REİS MAHALLESİ|
|Izmir||Torbalı||19 MAYIS MAHALLESİ|
|Sakarya||Sapanca||KURTKÖY DİBEKTAŞ MAHALLESİ|
|Yalova||Yalova Merkez||SUGÖREN KÖYÜ, SUGÖREN MÜCAVİR MEVKİİ|
|Yalova||Yalova Merkez||BAHÇELİEVLER MAHALLESİ|
|Yalova||Yalova Merkez||ADNAN MENDERES MAHALLESİ|
|Yalova||Yalova Merkez||KAZIM KARABEKİR MAHALLESİ|